Chief Operating Officer opportunity working for an exciting Digital Health start-up in the mental health space.
Our client is an innovative tech for good company whose platform is making a positive impact on employee wellbeing and mental health. The founders are now looking for a Chief Operating Officer to join them in shaping and building the business.
This role is as much about person fit as it is about having solid, senior operations leadership experience. Our client is looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and will help build the business with them, with the opportunity to ultimately move into a CEO role.
In your role, you'll have the freedom to lead and innovate. You will be expected to develop an understanding of digital healthcare as it is and identify opportunities for disruption, therefore getting a privileged overview of the intersection between treatment and tech.
They are a very well-funded business and agile, so this role would suit someone coming from another early-stage business that they have helped scale and who is looking to make their mark in growing a digital health platform.
About the role:
- Enhance business development and business planning, and maintain strategic oversight of the initiation, planning and sequencing of the organisation’s outputs that serve our business objectives
- Overall supervisory responsibility for the entire company's operations
- Handle the day-to-day running of a fast-growing business
- Monitor, evaluate and allocate resources (including staﬀ and contractors) to allow the organisation to optimise its eﬀectiveness
- Strengthen project management skills, line management skills and understanding across the organisation
- Ensure that project development activity is successful through supporting staﬀ to develop, proposals, budgets and work plans
- Work with the Directors, Shareholders, Finance and Administration to develop and manage the organisational budget
- Manage the Risk Assessment process
- Manage and build the organisation’s brand identity
- Play a full and collegiate role in the leadership and management of the business
- Develop and deliver strategic objectives and plans
- Communicate strategies, policies and procedures agreed by the Senior Management Team eﬀectively to staﬀ
- Contribute to selection, recruitment, induction and review processes
- Deputise for the Chief Executive and other SMT members as appropriate and agreed
- Oversee product development, marketing and communication plans; campaign delivery, management and support, business development, HR, cash flow management, and legal and compliance
- Take ownership and work closely with our sales team
- At least several years of professional senior operations experience with leadership experience
- Excited to work in an innovative startup culture
- Keen to take on a leadership role, imparting your expertise on the team and helping to nurture new talent
- Enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team and sharing knowledge with your colleagues
- Self-confident and battle-hardened, not afraid to step up to the plate
- Seek to make a positive impact in society through your work
- Highly competitive salary with possibility of shares
- Excellent opportunity to progress your career to a CEO role
- Opportunity to learn a new discipline: machine learning, data science, management, marketing, business development, etc. Our client is looking for learners with the potential for best-in-class!
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours