Our client is on a mission to help prevent the worst impacts of climate change in order to help us become a net-zero economy. They build technologies that enable environmental data-driven decisions to be made that help companies reduce their carbon emissions. Their accurate software provides insights into companies’ carbon emissions in near real-time, allowing them to analyse their carbon risks and opportunities.
This is an opportunity to be the first software engineer hire and have genuine influence and control within a fast-growing tech company that is positively impacting our planet. You will have the opportunity to develop your team and its relationship with the wider business, get involved in the end-to-end delivery process and own projects of varying sizes.
About the role:
- Responsible for improving the quality and reliability of the software, as well as replicating production environments and scale services
- Navigate document and relational databases - PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Deliver reliable and maintainable solutions by utilising testing approaches from unit testing to integration testing
- Work in agile methodologies and collaborate with others to ensure continuous delivery, help share knowledge and improve quality
- At least a few years experience in software engineering roles within a tech startup or scale-up
- Strong experience using Java and/or Python in a commercial setting, as well as PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Exposure to other modern web development stacks
- Competitive salary of £60,000 - £100,000 depending on experience
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours & location (2 days a week in London office)
- £1000 learning budget
- Laptop of your choice
- Above average holiday days