Our client is on a mission to provide financial stability for its users by connecting them with the right financial professionals who can provide the best advice when it comes to matters of finance in all areas of their lives.
They now want to bring together the sales and account management teams together under one leader who can assure the right commercial skills are shared across the teams, whether that’s new business or increasing retention and development of existing accounts.
The successful applicant will possess strong commercial awareness with the ability to open new doors with enterprise accounts and work with senior leadership on the sales and account management strategy and its implementation.
The role requires someone with excellent management skills, who is passionate about developing individual team members and is acutely aware that one-size-fits-all is not the approach to take when managing and growing teams.
About the role:
- Develop account management and sales strategies informed by commercial objectives to expand the customer base
- Ensure your teams reduce customer churn and deliver the growth strategy
- Take the lead on enterprise accounts, identifying and acquiring new customers and turning suitable existing customers into enterprise accounts
- Ensure both sales and account management teams run smoothly through instilling best practices and processes to deliver monthly KPIs and sales targets
- Take the lead in ensuring pipeline building across both teams is consistent and achieving targets
- Drive company growth not just through new sales but also gross renewals
- Help the teams to work closely in nurturing accounts through the entire lifecycle
- Coach, manage and motivate team members to hit their personal goals and work smart
- Retain, reward and develop talent within the team, employing the company’s recognition program
- Work closely with product and marketing and provide customer feedback
- Several years’ experience in managing and growing successful commercial teams, including account managers/customer success manager
- Passion for sales with a track record in the financial services sector
- FinTech / SaaS/ PaaS experience is highly desirable
- Highly data-driven approach to selling and sales strategies
- Excellent management and coaching skills, have experience in getting the best out of teams that possess varied skills and personalities
- Passionate about helping your teams achieve a competitive edge through mentoring, training and targets
- Have led successful sales and account management teams previously with high staff retention
- Competitive salary of £85k - £95k base
- Bonus scheme on team performance as well as individual enterprise sales
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Skills development budget
- Subscription to a wellbeing app
- Flexible working (up to 2 days a week in the London office)
- Season ticket loan