- Are you a US-based Marketing Director in the software space with experience of marketing to Community Banks and Credit Unions?
- Are you looking to join a fast scaling, international FinTech business with an opportunity to own the marketing function?
- Are you familiar with offline marketing and running in-person events to launch a brand?
Marketing Director opportunity with our client, an international Series B FinTech launching in the US market. This is a fully-remote role and requires someone based on the North East Coast of America, preferably the Greater New York area.
Our client is a multi-award-winning business that provides regulatory technology (KYC/AML) for financial institutions with its AI platform and API’s. They count among their clients some of the largest banks in their current market and have a strong partnership with MasterCard. With offices in Dubai and planned offices in New York, they are well located to serve customers globally.
As part of their ambitious expansion plans they are now targeting Community Banks and Credit Unions in the US and are looking for an experienced Marketing Director who can help open the market to this audience and understands well the challenges of offline marketing.
The company and its product have been highly successful in other regions and they have now established a small, core team within the business to focus on the US market, including a product person, presales and sales professionals, whom you would work closely with. Once you have made inroads in helping the company land its first US customers, the business plans to scale US operations, starting with a dedicated sales function based in the US.
Our client’s company culture is encouraging and supportive of people being experimental and innovative in trying new work approaches and the successful candidates will possess an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy having a high-ownership role.
About the role:
- Work directly with the leadership team (including the founders) and external agencies, execute an account-based marketing strategy (ABM) to acquire subscription customers for the KYC platform
- Create content (e.g., sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts) and messaging to articulate the beneﬁts of the platform to our client’s audience of executive-level buyers in the US finance space
- Organize and attend sales events and campaigns including webinars, breakfast events and sponsored digital events to generate leads and increase product awareness
- Develop and execute an annual marketing calendar for each important promotional channel, including the blog, third-party events, and product awards
- Organize CRM data and improve the use of prospect data in marketing and sales campaigns
- Keep the company up to date with market trends and competition, keeping them several steps ahead of the competition at all times
- Develop product-level positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product collateral and marketing campaigns
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing plans, from demand generation to digital marketing, to help drive and support growth targets
- Lead growth through operational optimizations as well as creating new opportunities and channels to drive trafﬁc and conversions
- Create, maintain, and meet efﬁciency and ROI projections for the overall marketing portfolio
- Fully remote but must be able to attend in-person events with customers in New York
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Several years’ experience in the software industry marketing to a B2B audience
- Experience in managing offline events and non-digital methods of marketing with an understanding of how to grow a brand from offline, in-person events and high touchpoints
- Has previously had businesses listed with Gartner
- Experience in setting marketing budgets
- Experience marketing a Fintech/KYC/AML product is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Based in the Greater New York area / North East Coast
- Package of $250,000 - $280,000 (including $150k base salary, bonus and ESOP)
- Fully remote role
- 10 days paid annual leave
- Excellent career prospects
- Potential for international travel once a year for company event