Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive - interim opportunity with an early-stage healthtech startup, an offshoot from an existing, successful health and social care business. This is a 6-month contract, on an interim basis with hybrid working in London.
Our client’s mission is to solve the problem of hospital readmissions, causing a strain on the NHS and doing nothing to improve the long-term health of patients. Taking a holistic view of the patient, our client has ambitious goals in terms of delivering for NHS trusts leveraging AI among other tools and approaches.
The business is already generating modest revenue and has £2m in backing but this is a fraction of what they expect to achieve.
Our client is now looking for an interim with previous experience in leading funding rounds to define the strategy and product roadmap and ensure success at the funding round stage.
About the role:
- Work with the current team and stakeholders to define the product roadmap and strategy
- Take the founder’s vision and create a credible pitch that will excite investors
- Lead on all fundraising activities, including:
- Prepare the pitch deck to take to investors
- Identify all viable paths to funding and potentially interested parties
- Meet with, and present to, investors alongside the company's Founder
- General day-to-day management responsibilities including, but not limited to, product, sales, and marketing
- Recent demonstrable experience in raising initial funds successfully for early-stage businesses
- Adept at navigating conversations between various stakeholders to pull together a strategy and roadmap
- Excel in executing actions and “getting the job done”
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Happy to be hands-on, ranging from “low-level” tasks one minute to high-level the next
- Recent experience in the healthtech space is highly desirable
- A background in finance is also highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships quickly at all levels of an organisation
Day rate is negotiable dependent on experience. Outside IR35.