Head of Business Operations and Strategy
Head of Business Operations and Strategy - opportunity with an early-stage healthtech startup, an offshoot from an existing, successful health and social care business. This is a 3-6 month fixed-term contract with hybrid working in London.
Our client’s mission is to solve the problem of hospital readmissions, causing a strain on the NHS and doing nothing to improve the long-term health of patients. Taking a holistic view of the patient, our client has ambitious goals in terms of delivering for NHS trusts leveraging AI among other tools and approaches.
The business is already generating modest revenue and has £2m in backing but this is a fraction of what they expect to achieve.
Our client is now looking for an experienced Operations and Strategy professional with previous experience in startups to help define the strategy and product roadmap and prepare the pitch deck for investors.
About the role:
- General day-to-day management responsibilities including, but not limited to, managing a small team covering product, sales, and marketing
- Work with the current team and stakeholders to help define the product roadmap and strategy
- Take the founder’s vision and create a credible pitch deck that will excite investors
- Lead on team meetings with a clear agenda to turn ideas into decisive action
- Support the Founder in their fundraising activities, including preparing the pitch deck, financial modeling, attending meetings with investors alongside the Founder
- Help with the running of the business, looking at current activities, tech, etc. and understanding the ROI
- Recent experience in preparing pitch decks that have a great narrative and capture the imagination of investors
- A strong operational leader who can work with creatives and translate ideas into actions
- Excellent financial skills is essential
- Adept at navigating conversations between various stakeholders to pull together a strategy and roadmap
- Excel in executing actions and “getting the job done”
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Happy to be hands-on, ranging from “low-level” tasks one minute to high-level the next
- A background in finance is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships quickly at all levels of an organisation
- 3-6 month Fixed-term contract (potential to extend)
- Base salary of £120k - 150k pro-rata